The following changes have been made to the fall schedule:
- Drawing and Painting : This 10 week class will now start one week later and run from 10/20-12/22.
- Creative Self : This 6 week class will now start one week later and run 10/22-11/26.
- Fashion Design : This 8 week class will now start one week later and run from 10/28-12/16
School Age Children
- Incredible Comics : This 10 week class will now last 9 weeks and start one week later, running 10/16-12/18. An additional class, or additional class time, will be determined on the first day of class.
- Art Sprouts, Wee Grow, and Art Together : All toddler classes are 8 weeks, and will now start one week later, running from 10/18-12/13.
The following changes have been made to the spring schedule:
- Drawing and Painting : This 6 week class will now start one week later and run from 6/23-7/28.
- Creative Self : This 6 week class will now start one week later and run from 6/26-8/7.
New to ArtiCulture - we're excited to introduce you to...
Holly Grimsrud. Read about her here. Holly will be teaching the childrens camps Patterns & Illusions, Printing Party, Reigning Cats & Dogs, the teen camp Passionate Artist, and the adult classes Summer in the City, and Creative Self.
Kim Gillespie. Read about her here. Kim will be teaching the childrens camps Nature's Garden, Architectural Design!
Terez Iacovino. Read about her here. Terez (say it like "to-raise the roof!") will be teaching Enriching Cultures, and Theater Production!
Our summer fliers are coming and we need YOUR help!
Volunteers distribute our fliers to the schools and business of South Minneapolis (and a little St. Paul) four times a year. It's our most effective means of advertising our classes.
If you have a car, daytime availability, and wanna make a big difference, the next delivery round is the week of April 21st. Pickup is in the morning ~ we provide maps and addresses. This is an excellent opportunity for pairs and groups of people - we need six generous folks minimum.
Interested? Fill out an online volunteer application and we'll reply toute de suite!
ArtiCulture and Our Saviour’s Housing have partnered to create a series of visual art classes for emergency shelter residents experiencing homelessness. The program actually began in fall 2013, with the support of a $25,000 Partners in Arts Participation grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board. Instructors Abbey Kleinert and Kyra Schugt have been leading four-week session classes where participants get to experience in-depth, high quality arts education.
Toni, a resident in permanent supportive housing, described the activities as challenging her to dig deep and really get in touch with herself. She explained, “When you’re homeless, you lose your sense of self; you lose possessions, home, family, and your identity." More about the project on our Art in the Community page...
Register for a Class
We have classes for all seasons and all ages. See our class schedule to find our more about our current offerings and to register now! Class schedule >>
ArtiCulture has a store that features the work of local artists. Currently we are showing hand-made cards, jewelry, purses, scarves, prints, and ceramics. About our store >>
What parents say
"Jasper loved being at ArtiCulture! He came home raving about how much fun he had and definitely wants to go again ... Thanks for creating a great space for kids!" Our approach to arts for all ages >>
Testimonials from young artists
"This place is like a miracle!" -- "I want to come back 10,000 times."
Make a Sketch
Our website features an interactive drawing game that lets you make awesome sketches. Check out some of the sketches that people have posted to our gallery. See >>