Thank you for your interest in employment at Articulture!
Articulture Board of Directors – Member at Large
Job Position: Member - Board of Directors
Term Length: 2 years (renewable)
Reports To: Entire Board of Directors
- Understand and promote the mission of Articulture
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations
- Keep abreast of issues and developments in program areas
- Attend monthly board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee and offer to take on special assignments
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings
- Make an annual contribution to the organization commensurate with ability
- Participate in fund raising activities and special events
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
Time Demands (approximate):
- Attend and actively participate in monthly board meetings
- 2nd Tuesday of the month - approximately 2 hours long
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work
- 2 - 3 hours per month or as determined by the committee
- Attend and actively participate in the annual planning retreat
- 1 weekend day
- Attend special events such as fundraisers
- 1 - 2 fundraisers per year
Financial and Resource Development Expectations:
- Make an annual gift—commensurate or significant according to your circumstance
- in order to achieve 100% board giving:
- Sell tickets to fundraising events
- Recruit sponsors, when needed
- Identify and cultivate potential donors
- Meet with potential donors/funders
- Make a case for funding the organization, answer questions, etc.
- Each board member is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the organization.
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long- and short-term planning
- Adopts an annual budget and provides fiscal oversight
- Recruits, orients, and develops board members
- Is responsible for the hiring and performance evaluation of the executive director
- Evaluates its own performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving our mission
- Establishes policies for the effective management of the organization
Job Description: Board of Directors
Financial management: Treasurer of the Board of Directors has oversight and management of Articulture finances, from management of cash flow to reviewing the organization's financial soundness. Treasurer maintains monthly reconciliation of QuickBooks with bank statements.
Budgets: Treasurer prepares an annual budget that is reviewed and approved by the board of directors. The Treasurer then monitors, and compares actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget.
Reports: Treasurer keeps the board apprised of key financial concerns, and assessments of the organization’s fiscal health. Treasurer works with Executive Director to oversee deadlines of required financial reporting forms (including the IRS Form 990) and ensures these forms are available for board review.
Financial Liaison: Treasurer translates and simplifies financial concepts and information for board members who do not have financial backgrounds or substantial financial experience.
While financial management is the primary focus of the Treasurer, ultimately, the entire board shares the responsibility of financial oversight and accountability.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and statement of interest.
Articulture seeks artist-educators who can teach a variety of art classes and workshops serving students age 1 through adults. Our emphasis is on the act of making art and less so on final outcomes.
Focusing on arts education and bringing art experiences to communities in influential ways, we offer a variety of programming. Teaching artists may be involved in on-site art classes, Art & Healing partnership classes serving vulnerable populations, artist-in-residency programs at local schools, community events, and more.
This is a part-time, contractual position.
Candidates must be a professional practicing artist with a BA or BFA in Studio Art. A degree in Arts Education is a plus but not necessary. A minimum of two years previous teaching experience is a must.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume showing art and teaching experience along with examples of your work- images or link to artist's website. Application should be sent via email to: email@example.com
No phone calls or walk-ins.